There’s a new Streaming Audio episode - check it out!
ksqlDB makes it easy to read, write, process, and transform data on Apache Kafka®, the de facto event streaming platform. With simple SQL syntax, pre-built connectors, and materialized views, ksqlDB’s powerful stream processing capabilities enable you to quickly start processing real-time data at scale. But how does ksqlDB work? In this episode, Michael Drogalis (Principal Product Manager, Product Management, Confluent) previews an all-new Confluent Developer course: Inside ksqlDB, where he provides a full overview of ksqlDB’s internal architecture and delves into advanced ksqlDB features.
When it comes to ksqlDB or Kafka Streams, there’s one principle to keep in mind: ksqlDB and Kafka Streams share a runtime. ksqlDB runs its SQL queries by dynamically writing Kafka Streams typologies. Leveraging Confluent Cloud makes it even easier to use ksqlDB.
Once you are familiar with ksqlDB’s basic design, you’ll be able to troubleshoot problems and build real-time applications more effectively.
The Inside ksqlDB course is designed to help you advance in ksqlDB and Kafka. Paired with hands-on exercises and ready-to-use codes, the course covers topics including:
- ksqlDB architecture
- How stateless and stateful operations work
- Streaming joins
- Table-table joins
- Elastic scaling
- High availability
Michael also sheds light on ksqlDB’s roadmap:
- Building out the query layer so that is highly scalable, making it able to execute thousands of concurrent subscriptions
- Making Confluent Cloud the best place to run ksqlDB and process streams
Tune in to this episode to find out more about the Inside ksqlDB course on Confluent Developer. The all-new website provides diverse and comprehensive resources for developers looking to learn about Kafka and Confluent. You’ll find free courses, tutorials, getting started guides, quick starts for 60+ event streaming patterns, and more—all in a single destination.
- Inside ksqlDB Course
- ksqlDB 101 Course
- How Real-Time Stream Processing Safely Scales with ksqlDB, Animated
- How Real-Time Materialized Views Work with ksqlDB, Animated
- How Real-Time Stream Processing Works with ksqlDB, Animated
- Watch the video version of this podcast
- Join the Confluent Community
- Learn more with Kafka tutorials, resources, and guides at Confluent Developer
- Live demo: Intro to Event-Driven Microservices with Confluent
- Use PODCAST100 to get an additional $100 of free Confluent Cloud usage (details)