There’s a new Streaming Audio episode - check it out!
Real-time stock trades, GPS location, and website click tracking are just a few industries that heavily rely on Apache Kafka®'s real-time messaging and data delivery functions. As such, Kafka's latency is incredibly important.
Anna Povzner (Software Engineer, Confluent) gives you the breakdown and everything you need to know when it comes to measuring latency.
The five components of latency are produce time, publish time, commit time, catch-up time, and fetch time. When consumer pulling adds to latency, Anna shares some best practices to keep in mind for how to think about partitioning in conjunction with latency. She also discusses client configuration in the cloud, interesting problems she's helped solve for customers, and her top two tips for debugging latency.
- 99th Percentile Latency at Scale with Apache Kafka
- Benchmark Your Dedicated Apache Kafka Cluster on Confluent Cloud
- Distributed Systems Engineering with Apache Kafka ft. Gwen Shapira
- Join the Confluent Community Slack
- Learn more with Kafka tutorials, resources, and guides at Confluent Developer
- Use 60PDCAST to get an additional $60 of free Confluent Cloud usage*