Custom timestamp in a stream that is created with schema inference by id

I have the following stream:

CREATE OR REPLACE STREAM MYSTREAM WITH (KAFKA_TOPIC='my-topic', TIMESTAMP='bookingEndedAt', VALUE_FORMAT='AVRO');

This works. However, for reproducible migrations, I wish to explicitly state the schema ID as follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE STREAM MYSTREAM WITH (KAFKA_TOPIC='my-topic', TIMESTAMP='bookingEndedAt', VALUE_FORMAT='AVRO', VALUE_SCHEMA_ID=1);

However, this gives an error similar to the following:

The TIMESTAMP column set in the WITH clause does not exist in the schema: 'BOOKINGENDEDAT'

Casing seems to have no effect on this.

Practically the same question has been asked over on StackOverflow with no answer.

Is setting a custom timestamp + schema inference by ID not supported?

This sounds like a bug to me. Can you file a ticket: Issues · confluentinc/ksql · GitHub

Thanks for the reply. I’ve created Creating a stream using schema inference by ID and using a custom timestamp does not work · Issue #10370 · confluentinc/ksql · GitHub as per your request.

As of a few minutes after I posted said issue, it seems that the ksql Github repo is no longer accessible. :hushed: I wonder if that was intentional…

There was some glitch on our side. It’s fixed already.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.