Deadlocked error on JDBC Sink connector upset mode

Hi,

I tried to used JDBC Sink connector on Confluent platform version 7.1.1 integrated with SQL server.
My JDBC Sink connector configured as upset mode with task.max=1 that works fine but looks like slow to read data so I increased task.max = number of partition = 8 and expected better performance but it’s look too slow and found deadlocked error.

Colud you help to guide what’s cause and how to fixed it?

ERROR WorkerSinkTask{id=SINK_JDBC_1900} RetriableException from SinkTask: (org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask:607)
org.apache.kafka.connect.errors.RetriableException: java.sql.SQLException: Exception chain:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Transaction (Process ID 94) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Exception chain:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Transaction (Process ID 94) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

The number of tasks is dependent more on the sink than the partitions.

The JDBC sink can’t have more than one task without write contention.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.