Hi! Tiago Rocha from Portugal

Hi everyone!

I’m Tiago Rocha and I live in Portugal, and if you want to know more just ask.

I don’t have a lot of experience in distributed systems. I’ve managed a project in the past that was using a queue service for a chatbot that we were developing. This queue had allowed our bot to answer multiple people at the same time. (We were also using Docker, Jenkins, …).

I’ve been learning Kafka for almost one month now. In this learning process, I’m trying to dedicate more time to the theoretical part, just to be sure that I get all the concepts right.

My main goal learning is to migrate a Monolithic application and also start developing my business idea with Kafka.

I started my path with Kafka after watching some video from Tim Berglund and then downloading the Confluent E-book. I’ve also watched videos from Robin Moffatt to learn more about Kafka Connect.

I’m curious about the following subjects:

• Data exchange between servers securely;
  • Using Registry-Schema to validate the compatibility of schemas in my services before they got deployed in production;
  • Repartitions and add more brokers to my cluster and how to check that they are sharing workload;
  • Performance and Costs;
  • (and other topics…)

I guess I’ve written too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Tiago, and Welcome! Watching videos from @tlberglund and @rmoff are a great way to get started, but yes, there is much more to learn. If you have specific questions, please feel free to post them in the appropriate category.

Many of the topics you mentioned have been covered in one or more online Apache Kafka Meetups. You can browse the videos of these events here: Meetup Hub

Enjoy the journey!

Dave

1 Like