KRaft SCRAM Support

Does anyone have information on how to configure SCRAM users for KRaft clusters in 3.2 or 3.3? I have been able to configure SASL users with the PLAIN mechanism but I cannot figure out how to use any of the SCRAM mechanisms.

Did you perhaps find a way to achieve this? It would be nice to also have a tool to confirm that the scram users are being created when formatting the directories with kafka-storage --add-scram

When the cluster starts up in my case i have to set allow.everyone.if.no.acl.found=True which then always defaults to ANONYMOUS because no ACL is found or in fact scram user is found

I did not, unfortunately. I only needed it for a container that I use in our automated integration test suite so I didn’t push any harder on it once the maintainers went radio silence on us.

My assumption was that it simply wasn’t possible and that we would need to wait for 3.4 or 3.5 but I have not revisited it. Getting to a point where we could drop Zookeeper was really the goal anyway and I was able to do just that. I’d suggest checking a new version of Kafka to see if they’ve closed the gap or are at least willing to discuss options at this point in the game.