Need help with sink redis properties

I can’t find the properties file for the redis sink connector on confluent hub.

Above the download has no properties file which is included. I get errors trying to figure out the properties file. Need help for sink. meaning data will get written to redis. thank you
Ray

hey @raymo
welcome :slight_smile:

did you check

https://redis-field-engineering.github.io/redis-kafka-connect/

best,
michael

I don’t want any docker docs. This site needs info for the linux OS like centos redhat. For linux OS the config file is just a bunch of properties in a line-format. The config file has some line property called.: connector.class I don’t see this in any link right now. Need this for the different versions of the connector. I don’t see any other list of aval properties.

you may check the following

there is an example config file.

thanks I tried this value for connector.class
It didn’t work. I looked in the log and tried is one:
com.redis.kafka.connect.RedisSinkConnector

Then I got this error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/github/jcustenborder/kafka/connect/utils/config/ConfigKeyBuilder

Looks like the libary has some bug or can’t pickup this class.

ok
how did you install the connector?

If you download from the confluent hub, all the connectors have a library folder with the jars. The confluent-connect has this file in it for standalone properties.
connect-standalone.properties
All the connectors are the same, which say copy those libraries to the plugin.path setting in that file. The other connectors work right away. Not much install is needed. Below is the old-school command for startup.
./bin/connect-standalone ./etc/kafka/connect-standalone.properties ./etc/kafka/connect-redis-sink.properties

I‘m aware how to install a connector.
Just asking to understand your current starting point.

would you mind sharing your current conf?

best,
michael

basically a example of how to configure redis sink could also be found here:

line 79 ff

I appreciate your help. I don’t use docker stuff. I am looking for the old-school stuff which ran on linux OS. I will need this file for that. connect-redis-sink.properties
Do you have a config for this file? I don’t know the min variables list needed.
Stuff in it is like below:
name=
topics=
connector.class=
task.max=
#message-info-on-kafka-is-below
key.converter=
value.converter=

#rest-of-database-stuff-is-below
redis.uri=

understood, basically the curl command used in the above link can be used whether you deploy via linux or via docker.

the curl command from above in lines 92-108 will lead to a config file like this:

name=redis-sink-example
topics=pageviews
connector.class=com.redis.kafka.connect.RedisSinkConnector
task.max=1
#message-info-on-kafka-is-below
key.converter=org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter
value.converter=org.apache.kafka.connect.storage.StringConverter

#rest-of-database-stuff-is-below
redis.uri=redis://redis:6379

best,
michael