Problem with the offset update

Hi all!

Faced a problem with the offset update.
I use Kafka and Kafka-connect in Confluent docker containers. I create jdbc consumers in kafka-connect. The consumer itself works correctly.

But when I want to change the offset for the consumer group and pause the connector, the group is still displayed stable in the AKHQ web interface and when I try to change the offset I get an error:
“Internal Server Error: Commit cannot be completed since the group has already rebalanced and assigned the partitions to another member_
This means that the time between subsequent calls to poll() was longer than the configured max_poll_interval_ms, which typically implies
that the poll loop is spending too much time message processing_
You can address this either by increasing max_poll_interval_ms or by reducing the maximum size of batches returned in poll() with max_poll_records_”

Tried increasing docker-compose.yml options:
CONNECT_SESSION_TIMEOUT_MS: “60000”
CONNECT_ADMIN_SESSION_TIMEOUT_MS: “60000”
CONNECT_CONSUMER_SESSION_TIMEOUT_MS: “60000”
CONNECT_PRODUCER_SESSION_TIMEOUT_MS: “60000”

As a result, only deletion the consumer helps, or stopping the container so that the group switches to the empty status.

Problem solved. It was necessary to pause the connector, and then restart the task. Then the task also paused. Otherwise, the connection with Kafka would not break.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.