- When: 1 December 2021 at 17:00 (UTC)
- Speaker(s): Andrea Gioia
- Talk(s): “Digital Integration Hub: why, what and how?”
Digital Integration Hub (DIH) is a quite popular architecture to modernize legacy systems allowing the IT to evolve faster and better integrate modern technologies. DIH is based on real time offloading from legacy systems via CDC to a stream platform. The events related to core data entities are then consolidated from the stream platform to a fast storage in order to serve them to data products and services.
In this talk we will review DIH architecture discussing why and when to consider it. We will then deep dive in the available options to implement the different pillars of this architecture focusing in particular on:
- the different patterns to offload data from legacy systems to kafka with pros and cons in terms of consistency and latency (outbox pattern, streaming patterns, …);
- the different ways to consume data offloaded from legacy system to Kafka (Kafka Streams, HTAP database and document data base) and their fit with different use cases;
- the different patterns to close the loop handling all the data moving backward from applications to legacy systems (back call, CQRS, …).