There’s a new Streaming Audio episode - check it out!
With the explosion of real-time data, Apache Kafka and event stream processing (ESP) have grown in proliferation, with event streaming technology becoming the de facto technology transforming businesses across numerous verticals. Gwen Shapira (Engineering Leader, Confluent), Ben Stopford (Senior Director, OCTO, Confluent), and Michael Noll (Principal Technologist, Confluent) meet up to talk all about their last five years at Confluent and the changes they’ve seen in event streaming. They discuss what they were doing with Apache Kafka® before they arrived at Confluent, challenges in event streaming challenges that have arisen, and their favorite use cases. They then talk through what they think the Kafka community is undervaluing and where they think event streaming will be in the next five years.
- Tim’s Budapest Drone Footage
- Rolling Kafka Upgrades and Confluent Cloud ft. Gwen Shapira
- Distributed Systems Engineering with Apache Kafka ft. Gwen Shapira
- Improving Fairness Through Connection Throttling in the Cloud with KIP-402 ft. Gwen Shapira
- Ask Confluent
- Apache Kafka Fundamentals: The Concept of Streams and Tables ft. Michael Noll
- Ben Stopford on Microservices and Event Streaming
- The Portable Wonder Synthesizer
- Children's Hospital of Atlanta: Helping Healthcare with Apache Kafka and KSQL ft. Ramesh Sringeri
- Join the Confluent Community Slack
- Learn more with Kafka tutorials, resources, and guides at Confluent Developer
- Use 60PDCAST to get an additional $60 of free Confluent Cloud usage (details)