There’s a new Streaming Audio episode - check it out!
Apache Kafka® 2.7 is here! Here are the key Kafka Improvement Proposals (KIPs) and updates in this release, presented by Tim Berglund.
KIP-497 adds a new inter-broker API to alter in-sync replicas (ISRs). Every partition leader maintains the ISR list or the list of ISRs. KIP-497 is also related to the removal of ZooKeeper.
KIP-599 has to do with throttling the rate of creating topics, deleting topics, and creating partitions. This KIP will add a new feature called the controller mutation rate.
KIP-612 adds the ability to limit the connection creation rate on brokers, while KIP-651 supports the PEM format for SSL certificates and private keys.
The release of Kafka 2.7 furthermore includes end-to-end latency metrics and sliding windows.
Find out what’s new with the Kafka broker, producer, and consumer, and what’s new with Kafka Streams in today’s episode of Streaming Audio!
- Watch the video version of this podcast
- Join the Confluent Community Slack
- Learn more with Kafka tutorials, resources, and guides at Confluent Developer
- Live demo: Kafka streaming in 10 minutes on Confluent Cloud
- Use 60PDCAST to get an additional $60 of free Confluent Cloud usage (details)