There’s a new Streaming Audio episode - check it out!
What’s it like being a Microsoft Azure Cloud advocate working with Apache Kafka® and change data capture (CDC) solutions? Abhishek Gupta would know! At Microsoft, Abhishek focuses his time on Kafka, Databases, Kubernetes, and open source projects. His experience in a wide variety of roles ranging from engineering, consulting, and product management for developer-focused products has positioned him well for developer advocacy, where he is now.
Switching gears, Abhishek proceeds to break down the concept of CDC starting off with some of the core concepts such as "commit logs." Abhishek then explains how CDC can turn data around when you compare it to the traditional way of querying the database to access data—you don't call the database; it calls you. He then goes on to discuss Debezium, which is an open source change data capture solution for Kafka. He also covers some of the Azure connectors on Confluent, Azure Data Explorer and use cases powered by the Azure Data Explorer Sink connector for Kafka.
- Streaming data from Confluent Cloud into Azure Data Explorer
- Integrate Apache Kafka with Azure Data Explorer
- Change Data Capture with Debezium ft. Gunnar Morling
- Tales From The Frontline of Apache Kafka DevOps ft. Jason Bell
- MySQL CDC Source (Debezium) Connector for Confluent Cloud
- MySQL, Cassandra, BigQuery, and Streaming Analytics with Joy Gao
- Join the Confluent Community Slack
- Learn more with Kafka tutorials, resources, and guides at Confluent Developer
- Live demo: Kafka streaming in 10 minutes on Confluent Cloud
- Use 60PDCAST to get an additional $60 of free Confluent Cloud usage (details)