Confluent on K8S on Raspberry Pi4

Hi all

Want to try and build a “mini” lab, looking at putting down 4 x RPi4 (4Gb) and K8S on top with Confluent deployed inside the K8S cluster.

Anyone gotten this working.

G

1 Like

Hi,

never did this by myself but there are some blog posts around.

e.g.

Thanks.

The building of a K8s cluster itself I"m not that worried about… As I know docker is available on ARM and K8S fits on top of that…

More wondering if anyone have deployed a confluent stack on docker containers which is hosted on ARM architecture.

G

there is an additional post on the page

Hi there

Awesome, thanks, that is my backup plan, a generic Kafka cluster… but pushing my luck, would be great if this can be a Confluent stack. As a test/train/lab environment.

Implies we need to be able to pull ARM compatible docker images for Confluent ?

G

there is a discussion on github about supporting ARM images

1 Like

Never even thought about the MAC… I’m close to pulling trigger on a new M1 based MBP… and ye that implies a full CP_all_in_one for ARM chip requirement…
Never mind the various source and sink connectors.
So ye, this might actually shift focus a bit… as much I want to do this for the ARM on RPi4 platform def also going to need the docker images for ARM for the MBP.

G

K8S on RPI for those interested, or mildly off kilter like me.

G

The below is not to distract from what I think is a bigger ask/question now, roadmap of Cp-all-in-one, as a on laptop def environment for deployment on the new MBP’s based on their M1/ARM chip.

But for those interested, found a even better idea…

G