Hi, I have the following kafka streams application,
- Spring Cloud Stream kafka (functional)
- running on kubernetes , 3 pods and
- num stream threads = 1 per pod
I am running into an issue where,
- the consumers are unable to commit the offset. I can see the 3 pods are receiving the messages from kafka and are updating the DB - however the offsets in the consumer group are not moving at all.
- Also the consumer group says
Consumer group 'Location-dev-Sync' has no active members.
Below are 3 exceptions I see in the logs,
Error sending fetch request(sessionId=1445202357, epoch=INITIAL) to node 0: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to send request after 30000 ms.
Join group failedwith org.apache.kafka.common.errors.MemberIdRequiredException: The group member needs to have a valid member id before actually entering a consumer group.
Join group failedwith org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnknownMemberIdException: The coordinator is not aware of this member.”
I originally had the commit interval as 1 sec , and thought this must be causing the issue, later removed that and let it be the default (30secs). Still I see this issue, and looks like this issue is intermittent and seems to happen at random.Any pointers please ?