KSQLDB Table with tumbling window and emit final

I would like to know the behaviour of table when created using tumbling window and emit final combination. When I try to print the topic data its not printing any records from topic, however I am getting the result if I query to the table. I would like to know where it stores the data in this case ?

My requirement is to create stream on this topic and processing further on the final data. I do not want to use emit changes since I don’t want the intermediate results.

Using EMIT FINAL the data should show up in the topic. However note, that when you query the table directly, you access RocksDB and might get data of still open windows. Data will only go into the topic after a window was closed, and using EMIT FINAL a window only closes after grace-period passed, what implies that data must keep flowing to increase stream-time. If data stops flowing and stream-time stops, windows might be kept open and data would be “stuck” in open windows, until new input records with larger timestamps arrive.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.