Manually committing offsets in Kafka using C#

I have a list of offsets with their corresponding partition and I need to commit them manually.
To do so I am looping through the list and assigning partition to the consumer and then seeking to a particular offset.
then I am consuming the message and passing the ConsumerBulider to commit method.
Sometimes it executes smoothly but sometimes it throws “Local:Waiting for Coordinator” exception.
But in both the cases , when I try consuming messages afterwards I re-consume the same series of messages I already have committed or should I say I tried committing. Which means I never really could commit them :frowning:

foreach(var item in cmdparamslist)
{
Partition p = new Partition(Int16.Parse(item.PartitionID));
TopicPartition tp = new TopicPartition(configuration.GetSection(“KafkaSettings”).GetSection(“Topic”).Value, p);
Offset o = new Offset(long.Parse(item.Offset));
TopicPartitionOffset tpo = new TopicPartitionOffset(tp,o);
//Ltpo.Add(tpo);
try
{
KafkaConsumer.Assign(tpo);
await Task.Delay(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(1));
KafkaConsumer.Seek(tpo);
var cr = KafkaConsumer.Consume(cts.Token);
try
{
KafkaConsumer.Commit(cr);
}
catch (TopicPartitionOffsetException e1)
{
Console.WriteLine("exception "+e);
}
catch (KafkaException e)
{
}
}
catch (KafkaException e)
{
}
}
KafkaConsumer.Close();
}
catch(Exception e)
{
}
}

Consumer / Client configuration:
var conf = new ConsumerConfig
{
GroupId = Guid.NewGuid().ToString(),
BootstrapServers = configuration.GetSection(“KafkaSettings”).GetSection(“RemoteServers”).Value,
AutoOffsetReset = AutoOffsetReset.Earliest,
SaslMechanism = SaslMechanism.Gssapi,
SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocol.SaslPlaintext,
EnableAutoCommit = false
//EnableAutoOffsetStore = false
};

I am using Confluent.Kafka 1.6.2 version

Could someone please help me ?

you are generating consumer group ID dynamically every time you bring up your consumers, in this case its new consumer group, based on AutoOffsetReset it will consumer messages, in your case AutoOffsetReset.Earliest means consumer will consume at least from the beginning, set GroupId to some name then bring up consumers.