There are several client libraries available. I’m going to use the the Confluent Go client for now, and if I feel the need later on might explore the others. The API docs are comprehensive as are the example code snippets and some showing how to use the Go client with Confluent Cloud.
Here I’m going to try and apply what I’ve learnt so far to the Kafka client and build my understanding of it from the ground up (instead of blindly copy & pasting which is effective but less educational than taking something apart and reassembling it ).
- S02E00 - Kafka and Go
- S02E01 - My First Kafka Go Producer
- S02E02 - Adding error handling to the Producer
- S02E03 - Kafka Go Consumer (Channel-based)
- S02E04 - Kafka Go Consumer (Function-based)
- S02E05 - Kafka Go AdminClient
- S02E06 - Putting the Producer in a function and handling errors in a Go routine
- S02E07 - Splitting Go code into separate source files and building a binary executable
- S02E08 - Checking Kafka advertised.listeners with Go
- S02E09 - Processing chunked responses before EOF is reached