Postman collections for Kafka Connect, Secret Registry and Schema Registry

Hello everybody!

In addition to Kafka Cheat Sheet, which I shared with you some time ago, I wanted to also introduce you to these Postman collections for Kafka Connect, Secret Registry and Schema Registry REST APIs.

Here you are:

https://postman.com/whatsupbros/workspace/confluent-kafka-connect-secret-registry-and-schema-registry-apis

This is not the full list of all available handlers, but only those, which I personally found most common and useful.

Please, do not hesitate to contribute and extend on the list, if you think, that something important is missing!

Do not forget to adjust your Global Variables and Environments before you start enjoying the collections! If necessary, you can also change Authentication Type for each Collection - by default it is configured to use Basic Auth for both Kafka Connect and Schema Registry APIs and credentials defined as Global Variables are used for it.

I do hope that this small project will be useful for the community.

For those who don’t know, Postman is a really handy and powerful tool, when it comes to working and testing any RESTful APIs. And it makes your developer life much easier, in comparison with command-line based tools. So, try it out!

UPDATE 10.02.2023

The collections were updated to the latest version of Confluent Platform APIs and now include many more and better organized requests. Enjoy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.