Could you help me to understand how rebalancing is working?
I have next scenario:
- kafka-connect-1 is started
- add connector with 4 tasks via POST /connectors
- checking status via GET /connectors/myConnector/status
i can see my connector and 4 tasks for it
- i am starting kafka-connect-2
- checking status again and can see that all tasks still on kafka-connect-1
- now if i do DELETE /connectors/myConnector/ then POST /connectors
and check status again then i can see that now 4 tasks are spread between 2 connects
My questions are
- is there any way to trigger rebalance automatically after new kafka-connect joining cluster?
- is this del+add connector is correct way to trigger rebalance manually?
- kafka-connect-1 and kafka-connect-2 in the same cluster