Watch the recording and Dinesh Kumar ask questions about this event in this thread!
- When: 9 September 2022 at 00:00 (UTC)
- Speaker(s): Dinesh Kumar
- Talk(s): Kafka Myths & Misconceptions
Kafka Myths & Misconceptions
Dinesh Kumar, Senior Software Engineer, Elastic
Programmer, Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Elastic.
Golang Enthusiast. Co-organizer of Golang community and GoStudyGroup. Have experience in building high scale distributed systems, always learning. I believe in impact, irrespective of whatever I do.
More than our expertise, our assumptions hurt us while building high scale distributed systems.
Join us for an educational meetup presentation where we’ll discuss some interesting myths or misconceptions about the Kafka ecosystem. This presentation will touch on,
- Producer/Consumers - How consumers deal with Offset, Idempotency, and ordering of messages.
- Partitioning - How scaling up partitions is not the answer for throughput and misuse of custom partitioning.
- Managing infrastructure - Why one cluster for all might not work
- Managing with proper monitoring and alerting!