There’s a new Streaming Audio episode - check it out!
Apache Kafka® 2.6 is out! This release includes progress toward removing ZooKeeper dependency, adding client quota APIs to the admin client, and exposing disk read and write metrics, and support for Java 14.
In addition, there are improvements to Kafka Connect, such as allowing source connectors to set topic-specific settings for new topics and expanding Connect worker internal topic settings. Kafka 2.6 also augments metrics for Kafka Streams and adds emit-on-change support for Kafka Streams, as well as other updates.
- Watch the video version of this podcast
- Read about what's new in Apache Kafka 2.6
- Join the Confluent Community Slack
- Learn more with Kafka tutorials, resources, and guides at Confluent Developer
- Use 60PDCAST to get an additional $60 of free Confluent Cloud usage (details)