Couldnt connect to LDAPS from Kafka mds

Hi can I get some help with LDAPS integration on MDS, I am using mds provider ldap just like this CFK example confluent-kubernetes-examples/security/production-secure-deploy-ldap-rbac-all/confluent-platform-production.yaml at 5ec6d669cec3e89597260448e4658e753b789bd5 · confluentinc/confluent-kubernetes-examples · GitHub … It works for me with ldap on 389, however fails with ldaps on 636 with the same credentials. I have checked connectivty to 636 with telnet from a pod in the cluster and it seems fine.

Here is the mds configuration with ldaps:

services:
    mds:
      provider:
        type: ldap
        ldap:
          address: ldaps://<url>:636
          authentication:
            type: simple
            simple:
              secretRef: credential
          configurations:
          tls:
            enabled: true
            ignoreTrustStoreConfig: true

The error I get on the kafka pod is:

[ERROR] 2023-07-04 12:57:55,570 [main] kafka.Kafka$ error - Exiting Kafka due to fatal exception during startup.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Received a fatal error while waiting for all of the authorizer futures to be completed.
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SaslAuthenticationException: Authentication failed: Invalid username or password
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SaslAuthenticationException: Authentication failed: Invalid username or password