Failed to find any class that implements Connector and which name matches

Hi

I faced strange issue with kafka-connect and connector:
i implemented some custom connector class in java
i put it into plugin folder and add path to this folders in properties file in plugin.path
i can see in startup logs that my plugin is found and loaded

[2021-04-12 05:30:13,024] INFO Scanning for plugin classes. This might take a moment … (org.apache.kafka.connect.cli.ConnectDistributed:90)
[2021-04-12 05:30:13,048] INFO Loading plugin from: /myFolder/myProjest/share/java/myConnectors (org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.isolation.DelegatingClassLoader:222)
[2021-04-12 05:30:16,038] INFO Registered loader: PluginClassLoader{pluginLocation=file:/myFolder/myProjest/share/java/myConnectors/} (org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.isolation.DelegatingClassLoader:245)

[2021-04-12 05:30:16,040] INFO Added plugin ‘com.my_project.connector.MyConnector’ (org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.isolation.DelegatingClassLoader:174)

[2021-04-12 05:30:22,342] INFO Added aliases ‘MyConnector’ to plugin ‘com.my_project.connector.MyConnector’ (org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.isolation.DelegatingClassLoader:397)

but when i try to add connector based on this class i see error

Failed to find any class that implements Connector and which name matches com.my_project.connector.MyConnector, available connectors are: …

and then i can see list of connectors from class_path only. And no any connector from plugin folders

Please help me to solve this issue

rootcause is that we have this kafka_connect running in cluster with another node
and this another node dont have any plugins. Each time we tried to added connector it went to this second node and produced this error

Please remove this topic. Don’t think that this experience would be helpful for anybody else

Glad you got it fixed. It’s actually useful to retain the post because this kind of problem (multiple workers in a cluster but plugins not deployed on all of them) is not uncommon. Leaving this post in place will help others in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.