Confluent kafka client-config not found

I’m following the Kafka-Connect-101 (Create Confluent Managed Kafka Connectors with the Connect API) and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with the following:
Command 14 at tutorial:
confluent kafka client-config create java --sr-apikey <sr API key> --sr-apisecret <sr API secret> | tee $HOME/.confluent/java.config

The script is outdated since the documentation here has changed --sr-apikey to full form (confluent kafka client-config create java | Confluent Documentation)

I’m basically getting command not found for client-config have I missed a step or is there other issue:

# confluent kafka client-config
Manage Apache Kafka.

Usage:
  confluent kafka [command]

Available Commands:
  acl            Manage Kafka ACLs.
  cluster        Manage Kafka clusters.
  link           Manages inter-cluster links.
  mirror         Manages cluster linking mirror topics.
  region         Manage Confluent Cloud regions.
  topic          Manage Kafka topics.

Global Flags:
  -h, --help            Show help for this command.
  -v, --verbose count   Increase verbosity (-v for warn, -vv for info, -vvv for debug, -vvvv for trace).

Use "confluent kafka [command] --help" for more information about a command.

I am having the same issue, were you able to resolve this by any chance? Thank you!

What version of the CLI are you using (confluent version)? On the latest 3.40.0 you should see the client-config option if you’re logged into Confluent Cloud and run confluent kafka --help.

The script is outdated since the documentation here has changed --sr-apikey to full form

Yes, we will fix this in the module. The syntax with the latest CLI is:

confluent kafka client-config create java  \
    --api-key <API KEY> \
    --api-secret <SECRET> \
    --schema-registry-api-key <SR API KEY> \
    --schema-registry-api-secret <SR SECRET>